AICIA is in charge of the reception of metallic materials for various firms.
This reception includes a series of destructive tests to guarantee that a batch of materials delivered meets the characteristics established in its classification and that are used for computing and designing elements.
The most significant tests used in reception are:
• Determination of chemical composition, Rockwell B hardness,
• Traction (batch control and installation control),
• Fatigue (Determination of SN curve),
• Tensile strength at fracture (KIC),
• Determination of the direction of grain,
• Corrosion under stress,
• Intergranular corrosion,